Rev 2.7- 28/03/17
We do not charge :-
- for Estimates or Quotes,
- any "Call-out" fee,
- for travel if we get to you by boat, or within 10 miles of Stanley Ferry by car.
Our standard rate for most electrical / electronic / mechanical / recovery work is £20 per hour, charged in half hour units. However :-
- We operate “no find, no fee” for recovery jobs up to an hour. If we can’t find something lost in the water within an hour we normally consider it gone forever. If you want us to carry on looking after an hour we will do, but we have to charge for the time whether we eventually find it or not.
- We operate “no fix, no fee” for repair jobs up to 1 hour. Being a mobile service, there are a few things that are beyond our capabilities, and there are some jobs where we already know we can not get replacement parts (eg some inverter manufacturers simply will not sell parts to independent companies like us). So if we decide within an hour that we can’t fix whatever is broken, it doesn’t cost you anything.
- Unfortunately, if we have to put on a wetsuit and get into the water to clear a prop or whatever, we have to charge an extra hour for all the washing, cleaning, and drying of the suit and gear afterwards (living on a boat makes it a bigger job than it would be in a house).
- We are happy to discuss different rates for either particularly small and simple jobs, or jobs which require several visits.
- Diesel Polishing is charged at an initial package price of £225 (which includes 3 filters and 3 hours), plus £30 each for any additional filters used and any extra time at our standard hourly rate.
- We offer discounts for multiple jobs on the same or successive days at the same location (boatyard, marina, mooring area, etc).
Our prices and charges